Monday, July 5, 2010

Sliders & Homemade Onion Rings

A few weeks back, I was at a Pampered Chef party where the hostess made grilled cheeseburger sliders and served them on potato rolls. This was my first experience with potato rolls (yes, I know that may classify me as “sheltered”); nevertheless, they were so yummy! I then decided I would try this easy dish the next week at home one night for dinner. As luck would have it, the Walmart here in my town doesn’t serve the potato rolls; only the large potato buns. So we decided to try the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls as a substitute. As I was preparing the patties, the hubby says: “some fresh onions rings sure would be good.” So I dug a little bit deeper into my “wanna be” cooker self and decided to try taking a stab at making onion rings for him. To my surprise, they turned out with a really good flavor and Jason really enjoyed them, but I am going to have to work on how to get the batter thicker and to get it to stick to the onion.



End result, the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls may great slider buns.


How to Make:


Burgers
Patty out lean hamburger meat slightly bigger than the roll it will be placed on
Season with Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
Grill or fry meat until it is at your desired cooked readiness.
Place on bun add slice of blocked cheddar cheese, add any additional condiments wanted


Onion Rings
Cut onion to make ¼ - ½” rings
Mix 2 eggs & ½ cup milk into a bowl
In a separate bowl mix flower, seasoning salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons of parmesan cheese
Do the normal dip in milk/egg mixture and then cover with flower mixture.
Deep fry until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Try buttermilk instead of regular milk, that might thicken your onion ring batter. I'll have to make some sliders for Mike!

    ReplyDelete